Monday, May 15, 2017

New Blog Site

On May 25, 2017, I will be heading to Europe to do several long walks. My plan is to do the European Peace Walk in central Europe and then a couple of Caminos de Santiago in Spain and Portugal.  I'm also planning on hiking in the Julian Alps in Slovenia, exploring wine country in Moravia in the Czech Republic and hiking in the Picos de Europa in northern Spain.  It should be quite the adventure!

Because I will be carrying everything on my back for most of the summer, I will be bringing an iPad Mini instead of my computer.  And because the iPad does not handle this blog site well, I will be posting my adventures at https://skowtblog.wordpress.com/ .  I hope to be posting frequently - but that will depend on how tired I am at the end of my days of walking 14 to 21 miles.  Hope you enjoy the posts!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Howie,
    I am working on a second edition of A Swift Guide to Butterflies of Mexico and Central America. The book will contain more than 3700 photos, about 3300 by me.
    I would like to use one of your photos, of a female Marpesia marcellus at http://skowt.blogspot.com/2015/07/week-2-at-los-cedros-june-22-to-29-2015.html in the book, attributing the photo to you, of course.

    If this is OK with you, I'd very much appreciate it if you would email a high-resolution, uncropped version of the photo, along with your explicit permission to use the image in A Swift Guide to Butterflies of Mexico and Central America, to me at glassberg@naba.org.

    Thanks for considering this request.

    Best wishes,

    Jeff

    Jeffrey Glassberg, Ph.D.
    President, North American Butterfly Association

    ReplyDelete