Thursday, December 14, 2017

Back to Mexico 2017

I arrived in my home for the winter in Patzcuaro, Mexico on December 4th. This is my 4th winter in Mexico, and this time I've rented a casita (little house) right in the center of town, rather than in an outlying village. I'm looking forward to being able to attend concerts and other cultural events in the evening without having to worry about catching the last combi (shared van) out of town. And hiking areas are still available right from my door or just a combi ride away - and I hike with several friends who have cars.

I'm was really fortunate to land a beautiful, affordable rental right by the basilica, just a block and a half up from the Plaza Grande. My place is in a large compound called El Refugio that has been a B&B but is not being used as such now. And I'm in the third courtyard back from the street, so its very quiet for a place in the middle of a Mexican town.

Here's what I see as I make my way through the compound to my casita:

The front door of El Refugio.  I actually enter through the garage, the next door down
View of he main courtyard and portal as I enter from the garage

Looking back at the main courtyard
Hallway between the main courtyard and the second courtyard
The second courtyard, with a reflecting pool (not filled at the moment)
Then it's up a few steps to the path to my door in the third courtyard
My casita, in the back corner of the courtyard
The living room.  The window is about 7.5 feet by 11 feet.
The efficient little kitchen, big enough for one cook.
My bedroom - with bathroom door conveniently located just to the left of the bed.
The loft, with guest bed, located above my bedroom and accessed by a spiral staircase
The view from the loft window, with the basilica on the left and Cerro Blanco on the right.  I eat some of my meals out in the garden and others looking out at this view.

No comments:

Post a Comment